- Silence cell phones. Use cell phones in appropriate areas only.
- Food is allowed in the Maggie Murph Café and adjacent areas only.
- Students may sign up to use group study rooms in the Sorrells Engineering & Science Library and Hunt Library. Reserve rooms online.
- Informal group study is permitted in all public areas except those designated Quiet Study.
Dissertations and Theses
- All doctoral candidates and some master's candidates must submit copies of their dissertations and theses with the University Libraries. Graduate students should follow-up with their home department for details.
- Only users with Carnegie Mellon ID may be in Hunt Library after 3 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Users must be responsible for their belongings. Never leave backpacks, laptops, cell phones, or other items unattended.
- Users must login to access information and/or to print documents at workstations in the library.
- Users must be prepared to show photo ID if requested by library staff or university police.
- Backpacks, briefcases or other bags may be inspected as you exit.
- Carnegie Mellon Computing Policy, Carnegie Mellon Fair Use Policy, related university policies, and state and federal laws govern legal use of information and access to information, including security and privacy.