Student Financial Aid
Meeting the cost of higher education is a significant investment. We are committed to providing a comprehensive financial aid program that makes it possible for admitted students to attend Carnegie Mellon.
Nearly half of our undergraduate students rely on some type of financial aid to pay for educational expenses. While many of our graduate students are offered departmental scholarships, grants, stipends, assistantships and fellowships, some rely on other resources, like federal loans, available through the Student Financial Aid Office.
Prospective/incoming students who are not yet enrolled should direct all financial aid inquiries to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
Application Process & Timeline
CMU is dedicated to providing quality resources that will education our students and assist them and their families in making informed decisions to reach their financial goals.
Loan Disbursement Dates
- May 14 2018 Summer All (Loan Term: 5/21/18 - 8/10/18)
- May 14 2018 Summer One (Loan Term: 5/21/18 - 6/29/18)
- Jun 25 2018 Summer Two (Loan Term: 7/2/18 - 8/10/18)
- Aug 20 - Jan 7 2018-19 Academic Year (Loan Term: 8/27/18 - 5/14/19)
- Aug 20 2018 Fall Semester (Loan Term: 8/27/18 - 12/17/18)
- Jan 7 2019 Spring Semester (Loan Term: 1/14/19 - 5/14/19)