Student Financial Aid
Meeting the cost of higher education is a significant investment. We are committed to providing a comprehensive financial aid program that makes it possible for admitted students to attend Carnegie Mellon.
Nearly half of our undergraduate students rely on some type of financial aid to pay for educational expenses. While many of our graduate students are offered departmental scholarships, grants, stipends, assistantships and fellowships, some rely on other resources, like federal loans, available through the Student Financial Aid Office.
Application Process & Timeline
Loan Disbursement Dates
- May 13 2019 Summer All (Loan Term: 5/20/19 - 8/9/19)
- May 13 2019 Summer One (Loan Term: 5/20/19 - 6/28/19)
- Jun 24 2019 Summer Two (Loan Term: 7/1/19 - 8/9/19)
- Aug 19 - Jan 6 2019-20 Academic Year (Loan Term: 8/26/19 - 5/12/20)
- Aug 19 2019 Fall Semester (Loan Term: 8/26/19 - 12/16/19)
- Jan 6 2020 Spring Semester (Loan Term: 1/13/20 - 5/12/20)