Carnegie Mellon University

Veterans Education Benefits

Since 2010, Carnegie Mellon University has been named a Military Friendly School by Our goal is to provide the best possible services to students eligible for Veterans Education Benefits.

The University Registrar's Office provides services to veterans and their dependents who are eligible for Veterans Education Benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. In addition, Carnegie Mellon participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program for those who are 100% eligible for benefits under the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill. We serve as a liaison between the veteran and the VA Regional Processing Office.

Instructions for Current Students

Prospective Student?

In order to use Veterans Education Benefits,you must be an admitted Carnegie Mellon student. Veterans Affairs determines the amount of benefits a student can receive; therefore, we cannot estimate benefit amounts. Please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551 to find out the amount you are eligible to receive.

Important Information

  • The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) determines eligibility and payment amounts for all recipients of Veterans Education Benefits. The University Registrar's Office does not have access to view payment or eligibility information.
  • All students who receive benefits from the VA must notify the University Registrar's Office each semester so that we can certify your academic enrollment.
  • Tuition assistance from the Department of Defense is not administered by the VA. The Student Accounts Office handles most tuition assistance inquiries.
  • For ROTC scholarship/information, please contact CMU's Steel City Naval ROTC unit