What are travel agency fees? What is the fee structure?
Agency fees are fees assigned by a travel management company (TMC) to each travel transaction booked utilizing their services. This is a standard function, across the travel industry and may even be found on discount sites like Hotwire. The fees are required to be paid for by the traveler, at the time of booking. The fee structure for CTP, the university’s preferred travel supplier, is detailed on the CTP pricing sheet.
Is use of Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) mandated for university business travel?
No, but CMU travelers and travel arrangers are strongly encouraged to utilize CTP when booking university travel to leverage the full range of financial, service and safety benefits offered by CTP.
Can travelers use their personal credit cards and/or reward programs for university business travel?
University Travel cards, either individual or departmental, are the preferred method of payment for business and travel expenses. Personal credit cards can be used for business and travel expenses as needed and reimbursement for allowable travel expenses can be requested via an expense report. View the Travel Planning and Expensing Your Trip pages for more information.
Per the Business and Travel Expense (BTE) Policy, travel reward program numbers can be loaded to a traveler’s Concur profile to be used to accumulate points. Travelers may personally retain frequent flyer plan rewards or other bonuses that may accrue from business travel. In no case may the traveler choose a reservation at a higher cost in order to accumulate additional plan rewards or other bonuses. The university will not purchase frequent flyer miles from travelers or reimburse them for tickets purchased with frequent flyer miles. For more information, view the university’s Business and Travel Expense Policy.
How can a travel arranger add a departmental travel card to a traveler’s Concur profile?
Within Concur, travelers can identify an arranger who will have access to their profile. The arranger will be able to enter departmental travel card information as appropriate to the Concur travel profile of those they have access to arrange travel for. Once the department travel card information is provided in the Concur profile, the arranger and/or the traveler will be able to book the travel on that card. The card information will not be visible and will be encrypted on the profile. Travel arrangers can manage who has access to the departmental travel card on their profile and can remove cards from traveler profiles whose travel should no longer be charged to the departmental card.
Can Student travel be booked using CTP’s Concur Online Booking Tool?
Students traveling through Student Leadership, Involvement, and Civic Engagement (SLICE) should coordinate with the SLICE to arrange travel.
For all other student travel, please visit the Booking Travel page for more information.
Does CTP offer group travel services?
Yes. Group travel is classified as 10 or more travelers. Visit the CTP Supplier page for group travel contact information.
Do I need to create a new user name and password to access CTP’s SMART Portal or Concur online booking tool?
No, access to CTP’s SMART Portal and Concur online booking tool is through Single Sign On (SSO) using your AndrewID and password. Visit the Booking Travel page for more information.
Can CTP be used for personal travel?
How does a travel approver delegate their responsibility?
If needed, there are two ways to delegate your Concur travel review or approval authority:
- Notifications (Faculty): The HR supervisor/reviewer does not have the ability to delegate the review of booked travel for their employees, but notifications can be forwarded via an email rule as needed. If the notification is forwarded, the recipient must access the itinerary through Concur to make any changes.
- Approvals (Staff, Students, and Guests): The HR supervisor/approver can delegate approval authority by creating a ‘travel vacation reassignment’ within their own Concur profile. This must be done prior to submission of a travel booking for approval and will remain in place until the HR supervisor/approver renames or changes the reassignment.
- Steps to take within Concur:
- Select "Profile”
- Select “Profile Settings"
- Select "Travel Vacation Reassignment"
- In the free text box, type the name, using the last name first, of the individual you wish to delegate approval authority to. Concur users will begin to populate, select the individual as needed.
- Select “Submit”
- A pop-up notification alerting you to your choice will appear. If correct, select "OK."
- To change approval back to the current manager/profile holder remove names from free text box (leave blank)
- Click "Submit"