The Master of Information Technology Strategy core courses establish a foundational background and common competence level. Students are required to register for a minimum of 12 units of coursework in each of the five knowledge areas below. A total of 60 units of core coursework is required.
Big Data and Analytics
Decision Science & Policy
- 18-730 (ECE) Introduction to Computer Security (F)
- 18-630 Introduction to Security and Policy (ECE/EPP) (F but not F11)
- 14-741 Introduction to Information Security (INI/ECE) (F)
- 17-655 Architectures for Software Systems (S)
- 17-638 Systems Architecture for Managers (6 units, Spring)
- 17-622 Estimating Software Development and Maintenance Projects (6 units, Summer)
- 17-627 Software Security Engineering (6 units, Summer)
Systems Engineering & Networking
- 14-740 Fundamentals of Telecommunications and Computer Networks (F&S)
- 18-756 Packet Switching and Computer Networks (F)
Note: You must take 18-345 as a prerequisite to 18-756.