Your Campus Keystone
Bridging our community with the rest of the world.
Due to the increased volume of packages and limited space we are encountering, we ask that you please adhere to the following:
- During the holiday breaks, do not have perishables sent to your SMC.
- Please make arrangements AHEAD of time for receiving perishables and medication prior to the holiday breaks.
- Do not come to the package window unless you have officially received a notification email from [notification @ witstracking .com]. One email equals one package.
- Check your spam/junk folder for potential notification emails.
- **All proxy forms must be submitted no later than 3:30pm each day. Any proxy forms submitted after 3:30pm will not be honored until the next business day.**
PLEASE COME DOWN AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE TO COLLECT YOUR PACKAGES DURING THE CURRENT HOURS BELOW:
Until Further Notice:
**New hours effective September 20, 2021**
Retail Operations/Front Counter: Monday through Friday, 9:00AM - 4:00PM
SMC Package Pickup and Departmental Mail Holds Pickup: Monday through Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Our reputation is our stamp on every piece of mail we deliver.
This site will familiarize you with the mail services offered at Carnegie Mellon University Postal Services. We hope it will assist you in obtaining the best possible mailing results in the most cost-effective manner.
We will accomplish this by empowering and training our staff to work as a team with continuous improvement as our team goal.
We are here to help you and will be happy to answer questions and assist you in successfully planning and completing your projects.
What address should my student use for mail and packages?
- All students who currently are assigned an SMC number (found on their SIO page) should use the following address:
- For security reasons, carriers are not permitted to deliver anything to dorms, we ask that you please refrain from using your dorm address for any mailings or packages
Will CMU Postal Services continue to deliver and pick up campus mail?
- Postal Services continues to collect and deliver campus mail to any department capable of receiving the mail. Any department that is not currently open to receive mail will have their mail held at the Post Office on the lower level of the Cohon University Center.
- An authorized departmental representative may claim a department’s mail/packages from that location.
- Please contact us at 412-268-2929 or email@example.com if you wish to resume regular deliveries to your department.
Will other carriers like UPS/FedEx/DHL continue to deliver packages?
- If you experience any difficulties with any non-USPS carrier deliveries, please contact the carrier first. If you cannot resolve the delivery issue or cannot contact the carrier, please contact CMU Postal Services at 412-268-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will Amazon packages be delivered?
- Amazon's delivery model does not include a local route driver. We recommend that you coordinate carefully with Amazon deliveries. Please contact the carrier directly for their available options.
- When ordering from Amazon, please make sure to use your building name, department and room number.
What else should I consider if I will be working from home?
- Do not send packages to campus if you will not be present. Update all online accounts and correspondence to reflect your current address while working away from campus. If you inadvertently place an order to campus, please contact the company you ordered from as soon as possible after placing your order and attempt to have the address updated or the package rerouted.
Department Contact Information
We have created the Department Contact Form in order to maintain up-to-date contact information with departments receiving mail and packages on campus. We ask that each department designate a primary contact to complete the form and to include a secondary contact should the primary contact be unavailable.
Postal Services SMC Package Pickup
Members Of The CMU Community,
As we begin the transition back to pre-pandemic procedures, the CMU Postal Services would like to address the following:
In the event you are unable to pick up your package and have a friend or relative in the Pittsburgh area that is able to retrieve the package(s) for you, please submit a proxy form via our website: https://www.cmu.edu/postoffice/proxy-designation/index.html
- All owners and proxies MUST bring physical identification at the time of pickup.
- Examples are: a CMU ID, a Driver’s License, and/or a Passport
- WE WILL NOT ACCEPT SIO OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DIGITAL IDENTIFICATION.
You are able to set up a forward for USPS packages only. Please visit our website and fill out a forwarding form: https://www.cmu.edu/postoffice/forward-mail/index.html. Forwarding through USPS directly is NOT allowed.
**Please note, we CANNOT forward to international destinations due to USPS regulations.**
For any other carrier (including UPS, FedEx, Amazon, DHL, LaserShip, etc.), please contact the carrier directly for their available options. Please contact us with updates regarding any non-USPS package that has already arrived to campus.
For the foreseeable future, we ask that you do the following:
- Do not send packages to campus if you will not be present.
- Update all online accounts and correspondence to reflect the current address where you will be residing while away from CMU.
- TRIPLE-CHECK your address before you click ‘submit’ on any online orders.
If you inadvertently place an order to campus, please contact the company you ordered from as soon as possible after placing your order and attempt to have the address updated or the package rerouted.
We will do everything in our power to work with you during this time to ensure that you receive your packages.
Please do not hesitate to email or call us with any further questions or concerns.
CMU Postal Services
Departmental Delivery Address Format
Please use the new addressing format for non-USPS carriers when placing any orders for campus delivery by a carrier other than USPS. Not using the new format for departmental deliveries (especially those ordered through an Amazon Business account) increases the likelihood that the packages will be delivered to the wrong location, lost, or returned to the sender. If you have any questions regarding departmental deliveries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Abandoned Amazon packages should be reported to CMU Postal Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also note that the addressing format for SMC mailboxes remains unchanged for all carriers.
Personal Packages for Faculty and Staff
Personal packages destined for faculty or staff should not be addressed to a campus location. Having personal packages sent to campus locations, especially during the holidays, can overload the campus mail system. This can lead to significant delays for items deemed time-critical and essential to the operation of the university. Convenient and secure SMC mailboxes are available to rent in order to receive personal packages on campus.
Medical and Time-Critical Items
Please be sure to use your correct address when sending medical and time-critical items to your campus location. Any mail or packages bearing an address that does not contain enough information for delivery will be returned to the sender. Faculty and staff deliveries must include the name, department, building abbreviation, and room number. Mail or packages destined for an SMC must include the name and SMC within the address. Please verify that the sender has the correct information before placing an order so that the mail or package is able to be delivered correctly and in a timely manner.