The Mellon College of Science will be a trailblazer in transforming science through research and learning. Our people and our work will answer problems of worldwide consequence and revolutionize science for the future.
To harness the remarkable research strengths and collaborative culture at Carnegie Mellon University to support foundational discovery and solve issues of global significance.
- To be a world class research group in existing and future intellectual hubs
- To establish major industrial partnerships
- To have MCS faculty recognized globally by federal, research and industrial entities
- To have MCS be a point of pride for CMU
- To offer a renowned educational experience
- To be a place where everyone can do their best work
- To have dedicated and valued professional support
- To have efficient and effective means of internal and external communication
- To bring our achievements and expertise to the global community
- To celebrate and promote diversity in all forms