Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff members have access to a number of resources to help cope with the ongoing strain of the COVID-19 pandemic and preparing to return to in-person work.
Employee Assistance Program
Faculty and staff — and their household members — have access to CMU's Employee Assistance Program (EAP), provided by GuidanceResources.
- Coronavirus Toolkit — This collection of resources includes guides on returning to work and staying healthy at work, as well as webinars, COVID FAQs and a guided meditation.
- On-Demand Learning Library [pdf] — Access learning opportunities on a variety of timely topics.
- Counseling, Consultations and Online Resources — Use the EAP to access complimentary, confidential counseling sessions and phone consultations as well as online resources to support your emotional health.
Eligible individuals can use the Care@Work program through Care.com to find backup emergency care for children and adults. The program also includes a free membership to perform self-directed searches for a variety of caregiving needs.
- Equal Parts — A series of podcasts for working parents who are trying to balance home and work life
CMU Health Plans: Mental Health Support and Services
Employees who participate in a CMU health plan can access mental health resources through their carrier.
- Aetna HMO — Contact the Health Concierge team at 800-835-8742 to be directed to behavioral health services. Members can also access mental and emotional health support by using the Aetna member online portal to log in to the behavioral health member site with your Member ID or Social Security number.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield — Contact the Member Service at 800-472-1506 (members in Western PA) or 800-810-2583 (members outside of Western PA) and request to speak with a behavioral health specialist for plan guidance and/or authorization of any mental health or substance abuse services. Members can also access programs and services through Amwell; create an account using your member ID for virtual or telephonic support.
- UPMC Health Plan — Contact UPMC Behavioral Health Services at 888-251-0083 for plan guidance and/or authorization of any mental health or substance abuse services. Members can also access programs and services through the Behavioral Health Management Program.