Carnegie Mellon makes available a number of secondary benefits for faculty and staff. Eligibility rules vary; please read the information about each benefit separately.
University ID Cards
All employees should obtain a Carnegie Mellon ID Card from The HUB within their first week of employment. Your ID card enables you to:
- use university facilities & services such as athletic facilities, libraries, and university events;
- take advantage of discounts for faculty/staff at the University Stores, School of Drama performances, etc.;
- gain entrance to university buildings and offices;
- link your card with your PNC bank account, so it can be used as an ATM card;
- ride on PAT System busses, T and inclines;
- use PlaidCa$h: a prepaid debit account accessible via your ID Card. It can be used dozens of locations, including on-campus stores, dining facilities, and off-campus restaurants and stores.