Applicants to the MITS program must demonstrate academic excellence and preparedness for the rigors of the program. A minimum level of programming proficiency is required. See below for details pertaining to admission requirements and application materials.
Minimum qualification for admission to the MITS program includes previous coursework, demonstrated ability or equivalent work experience in the following areas:
- Algorithms and data structures;
- Proficiency in programming in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, or Java;
- Analytical ability, including topics such as probability, statistics, research methods, and economics.
Complete application packets must include the following materials:
- Official GRE General Test scores, or equivalent (GMAT);
- Current CV or resume;
- Official transcripts from all universities attended;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A statement of purpose (up to 500 words); and
- Official TOEFL exam scores, if the applicant's native language is not English.
The annual application deadline is January 15.Please visit the MITS application portal to complete an application packet.
For further information on the MITS degree program, please contact:
Associate Teaching Professor
Institute for Software Research
Carnegie Mellon University