Staff Council at CMU
Staff Council is comprised of elected representatives who work closely with university administration to address issues and develop best solutions for staff and the university community. Representatives are elected to a two-year term of service and are expected to actively engage their constituents and participate in Staff Council initiatives. Staff Council ensures that all schools and campus units are represented.
THANKS for supporting SC's 30th Annual Food Drive!
Thank you for your donations and generous support for Staff Council's 30th Annual Food Drive benefiting the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank!
Get to know your 2023 - 2024 Staff Council
Members of the Carnegie Mellon community in Pittsburgh can use CareLink to find care givers or find a job. If you need a caregiver, you can post your request on the CareLink website. If you want to provide services, you can post your resume and search available jobs. Community members also can use CareLink to share or exchange services.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) leverages FocusU to provide on demand training and as a convenient tool to register for and track participation in instructor-led training sessions. FocusU provides access 24/7 access to video clips, online training, books and job aids. To assist the campus community, OHR has curated a listing of online courses focusing on a diverse set of skills and abilities.
Events 2023 - 2024
- Jul 20 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Jul 20, 2023
- Aug 17 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Aug 17, 2023
- Sep 17 CMU Day with Pittsburgh Pirates Sept 17, 2023
- Sep 21 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Sept 21, 2023
- Oct 19 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Oct 19. 2023
- Nov 16 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Nov 16, 2023
- Jan 18 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Jan 18, 2024
- Feb 15 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Feb 15, 2024
- Mar 21 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Mar 21, 2024
- Apr 18 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Apr 18, 2024
- May 16 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm May 16, 2024
- Jun 20 Staff Council Meeting 12:00-1:00pm Jun 20, 2024
The chief purpose of Staff Council is to examine matters related to all staff, and to formulate recommendations to the university administration regarding staff concerns. Staff Council representatives provide advocacy on behalf of all staff members, and contribute to the vibrancy and well‐being of the entire Carnegie Mellon community.