Historic Season Ends at National Semifinals
Carnegie Mellon's women's soccer team posted a record-setting season this year, advancing to the semifinals of the NCAA Division III championship tournament for the first time in school history. Playing perennial power Messiah College in the semifinals, they took a 1-0 lead into halftime. Messiah tied the game late in the second half and regulation play ended in a 1-1 tie. There was no scoring through two overtimes and the Tartans fell in a penalty kick round by the score of 3-1.
"We improved so much during the year," said Maddy Lui, a sophomore defender majoring in mechanical engineering. "We've worked so hard and sacrificed so much. We kept pushing every game, and with that mentality, we earned the right to be here."
CMU finished the season with a 14-5-3 record. Learn more about the Tartans.
Carnegie Mellon welcomes the following new staff members, who recently joined the university.
- Shelli Bowers, receptionist, University Health Services;
- Adam DiMenno, project manager, Campus Design and Facility Development;
- Pamela Eichenbaum, special projects manager, President’s Office;
- Timothy Farley, senior systems/software engineer, Vice Provost & Chief Technology Office;
- Andrew Levitsky, research associate II, Neuroscience Institute;
- John Marecic, shuttle/escort driver, Parking and Transportation Services;
- Allison McLachlan, executive assistant I, Associate Dean for Research; and
- Mollie Wild, software engineer, Robotics Institute.
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) successfully implemented the first in a series of strategic plan projects designed to transform the delivery of HR services on December 4 as scheduled.
As shared in an article on November 21, the 2019 enhancements will allow OHR to focus on providing campus with effective, sustainable, efficient and reliable HR support aligned to the university’s strategic plan and human capital priorities.
Want to Learn More?
- See the new Process Training for Staff webpages with a robust library of training and reference materials for those involved in the Staff Hiring, Compensation, Activity Pay and One-Time Payment or Post-Hire processes.
- For questions about training, please contact email@example.com.
- See Frequently Asked Questions addressing these recent changes culled from socialization meetings conducted in the months leading up to the December 4 go live.
Support and other Resources
- Contact a member of your HR team or the Human Resources Service Center at 412-268-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the improved HR Service website with Payroll Deadlines and other key information.
- See the OHR Strategic Plan webpages for more information about OHR’s Strategic Plan priorities and goals.
Episode 7 of this season's Modern Musicking Show features the world of computer music with Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science faculty member Roger Dannenberg, a segment about composer Libby Larsen and a student showcase featuring Ivan Plazačić.