CMU Energy Week 2021 Returns in Virtual Setting
By Michael HenningerMedia Inquiries
- Wilton E. Scott Institute for Energy Innovation
Hosted by the Wilton E. Scott Institute for Energy Innovation, the weeklong summit features Energy Insight "Briefnotes," an investor forum with live startup pitches, a student poster competition and two late afternoon virtual networking sessions.
New to this year's summit is the American-Made Solar Prize Round 4 Set! Pitch Showcase. The Solar Prize is a $3 million Department of Energy-led challenge designed to revitalize U.S. solar manufacturing through a series of competitions and the development of a diverse and powerful support network that leverages national laboratories, energy incubators, universities and other resources across the country. The Scott Institute has served as a "Power Connector" with the Prize program in partnership with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory since 2018.
"CMU Energy Week has always been an opportunity for industry, government, nonprofits and decision-makers to come together to discuss the future of energy," said Anna J. Siefken, the executive director of the Scott Institute. "But now the sense of urgency around climate change is heightened. This year's virtual event will be different, indeed, but the goals and vision of convening incredible thought leaders for important dialogue remains the same."
Other Energy Insight Briefnotes on March 23, 1-5 p.m. ET include:
- Jim Skea, co-author — Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC); co-chair — Working Group III, IPCC; Imperial College London; Scott Institute Board of Advisors
- Paula Glover, president — Alliance to Save Energy
- Michael Dorsey, co-founder — Around the Corner Capital; partner — IberSun; full member — The Club of Rome
- Raj Kapoor, chief strategy officer & head of business, self-driving — Lyft
(Kapoor is a 1981 graduate of the College of Engineering)
- Bill Peduto, mayor — City of Pittsburgh,
and Grant Ervin, chief resilience officer — City of Pittsburgh
More information, including the full schedule, can be found at www.cmuenergyweek.org.