Faculty & Staff News
The Piper is CMU's news source for faculty & staff, where you'll find out about many exciting and interesting things happening at the university. If you have news of interest please pass it on to Internal Communications. Stay Posted!
Keep abreast of what's happening with the 8.5 x 11 News, Carnegie Mellon's official weekly newsletter for faculty and staff. Read the latest issue. And find out about upcoming events on our calendar highlights page.
This Week's 8.5 x 11 Headlines:
- Launching a New Approach to Brain Research, Aug. 26
- CUC Udpate: Garage's West Side To Close Monday, Aug. 25
- Alumna Wins an Emmy; Two Up for Prime-time Honors Monday on NBC
- News Brief: CMWA Kicks Off New Year, Sept. 18
- News Brief: CMU Launches Veterans Website
Read about these stories and more in this week's 8.5 x 11 News.
Carnegie Mellon will launch a new interdisciplinary approach to transformative brain research on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Tom Insel, director of the National Institute of Mental Health, will provide an inside look at what's behind the NIH BRAIN Initiative and a panel of experts will discuss how CMU can harness new technologies to explore the brain and behavior. Learn more.