Faculty & Staff News
The Piper is CMU's news source for faculty & staff, where you'll find out about many exciting and interesting things happening at the university. If you have news of interest please pass it on to Internal Communications. Stay Posted!
Keep abreast of what's happening with the 8.5 x 11 News, Carnegie Mellon's official weekly newsletter for faculty and staff. Read the latest issue. And find out about upcoming events on our calendar highlights page.
This Week's Headlines:
- It Hurts So Good ... for Charity
- Building a Longer-Lasting Artificial Lung
- Intimate Strangers Provide Views on U.S. Politics
- Pittsburgh Biennial Opens at Miller Gallery
- Happy Birthday, Smiley; CMU Night at the PSO; and Food Tasting Tuesday
Read about these stories and more in this week's 8.5 x 11 News.
No one likes to inflict pain or discomfort upon themselves, like dumping a bucket of ice water over their head, unless it's for a good cause, says Christopher Olivola, assistant professor of marketing at the Tepper School of Business. Read more.