Faculty & Staff News
The Internal Communications team works to build a sense of community among faculty and staff by keeping you informed of the exciting news and events happening at Carnegie Mellon. We keep you posted with "News You Can Use."Our two primary news vehicles are the 8.5 x 11 News, a weekly electronic newsletter (read the latest issue), and The Piper, a 12-page newspaper delivered monthly to your campus mailbox during the academic year. The Piper's top stories also are posted online. Download the latest Piper [.pdf].
If you have exciting news or an interesting story to share, please send your ideas to the Internal Communications team.
This Week's Headlines:
- Hug-a-Day Could Keep Doctor Away
- Lunar Rover Wins $500K XPRIZE Mobility Award
- CMU Home Page Gets New Look
- CMU Joins Alliance for Maker Education
- Toys for Tots Campaign Sets Record
- Personal Mention: José Moura Named to National Academy of Inventors
- News Brief: Students Suggest Ways for City to Balance Privacy & Public Safety
Psychology Professor Sheldon Cohen's reseach finds that those who receive more hugs are somewhat less likely to get sick. José Moura (right), who holds 11 U.S. patents, will be inducted into the National Academy of Inventors.
Read these stories and more in this week's 8.5 x 11 News.