Online ID Photo Submission
All new students, staff and faculty should use the online ID photo submission application to upload ID photos for their initial ID Card.
ID Photo Submission Instructions
Log into the online photo submission application using your Andrew ID and password. For information about your Andrew ID and password, visit the Computing Services website.
In order to use the online photo submission application, please have a digital photo ready. There are no specific size requirements and the photo can be cropped once it is submitted. ID photos must reflect a current image of the cardholder and must meet the following guidelines, which are in line with official federal requirements:
- Photo must be submitted or printed in color
- Cardholder's full face must be directly facing the camera
- Cardholder should use minimal facial expression or a natural smile with both eyes open
- Cardholder should wear clothing worn on a normal, daily basis
- Hats or head coverings that obscure hair or hairline, unless worn for religious purposes, should not be worn
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items should not be worn
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless needed for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be requested)
- Glare from glasses may be avoided by slightly tilting glasses downward
- Photos submitted online should have been taken within the last six months to reflect cardholder's current appearance
- The HUB is unable to accept snapshots of existing photos (for example, a picture taken of an existing ID card, driver's license, or passport photo)
- Cardholders seeking to renew an ID Card must have photos taken in The HUB, so their current appearance is reflected
Photos submitted online or taken in The HUB may be rejected if these guidelines are not followed.
The Name on Your ID Card
If you entered a preferred first name into Student Information Online (SIO), that name will appear on the front of your ID Card. Your given name will appear on the back.
Please note that the SIO preferred name field is for your preferred first name only. If your last name is also entered into the preferred name field, it will appear twice on your ID card. Since this error does not affect the functionality or validity of the card, there will be a fee if you seek a replacement.
More information about preferred name usage at Carnegie Mellon is available on the Student Identity webpage.