As a Carnegie Mellon University ID Cardholder, you agree to the following:
- The Carnegie Mellon ID Card is the official Carnegie Mellon University identification card. All faculty, staff, students, and sponsored individuals are required to have their ID Card for identification, security, and access to university buildings and services. The card must be carried at all times while on the CMU campus. The card is valuable and should be treated like cash, a credit card or a key.
- You must present your ID Card for identification if requested by a university official. Additional identification or signature may be required for certain purposes.
- Faculty and staff must relinquish the card upon separation from the university. Access privileges of the ID Card will be deactivated when student, faculty or staff status is terminated. Access privileges will also be deactivated for students who are not registered for courses and not charged tuition and relevant ID Card-related fees (i.e., transportation, activity). ID Cards are not renewable in these cases (including for students In Absentia) and will only be re-issued if the appropriate status change occurs.
- Since students In Absentia are not registered for courses and are not charged tuition and relevant ID Card-related fees (i.e., housing, dining, transportation, activity), their Carnegie Mellon ID Card access privileges are deactivated. ID Cards for In Absentia students are not renewable unless a student's status changes to In Residence.
- The ID Card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. Only the cardholder can present the card for Plaid Cash, banking and other privileges. The ID Card will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder. Departments may be issued a card for use by designated persons for Carnegie Mellon purchasing privileges in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Students must abide by Carnegie Mellon’s rules and regulations as identified in the "University Policies”. Faculty and staff misuse will be reported to the cardholder's supervisor. Guest cardholder misuse will be reported to the guest sponsor and/or University Police.
- You must immediately report a lost or stolen ID Card by visiting Student Information Online or by contacting The HUB. You are responsible for any loss due to a lost or stolen card. In order to receive a replacement ID Card, you must go to The HUB during business hours to have a new card printed. A $30 replacement fee applies for all lost ID Cards. Once a new ID Card has been created, your old ID Card will be invalid, and if found cannot be reactivated.
- You must not damage or alter the ID Card in any manner. This includes, but is not limited to, punching holes in or affixing unapproved stickers to the card. Keep your card away from computers, cell phones, TVs, stereo equipment, microwaves, and other magnetic devices. Do not store your card where it may bend or come in direct contact with other magnetized cards. Damage or misuse of the card may render it unusable.
- The HUB does not issue temporary ID Cards, whether it be for a visitor on campus or a lost card.
- Carnegie Mellon, Enrollment Services and The HUB reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions regulating the use of the ID Card.
As a Plaid Cash user, you agree to the following:
- Utilizing the Plaid Cash feature of your ID Card is optional. Plaid Cash accounts will be activated upon initial deposit by the cardholder.
- You must present your own ID Card in order to purchase products or services. The ID Card can be used at all participating locations on and off campus. The ID Card is the property of Carnegie Mellon University and is non-transferable. The ID Card may be deactivated and retained by a Carnegie Mellon University official when presented by any cardholder making inappropriate or illegal use of it. Misuse, alteration or destruction of the ID Card may result in disciplinary action.
- Plaid Cash cannot be used to pay for items listed on the student's Carnegie Mellon University student account invoice (i.e., tuition).
- Plaid Cash enables you to use your ID Card at all participating locations on and off campus. Funds on this account are deposited at your discretion. Carnegie Mellon has established a maximum deposit amount of $2,000. Plaid Cash acts as a debit card and is not a credit card. There are no limitations on the number of times a card may be used for purchases, as long as the cardholder maintains an adequate balance in the cardholder's account. Restitution is required for overdrafts on your account resulting from off-line transactions.
- Once funds are deposited into the Plaid Cash account, any remaining balance will carry over from semester to semester and year to year, as long as you are actively affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University. The university accepts and holds funds prepaid by you for your sole benefit. The university shall apply these funds to any purchase of goods made through the use of Plaid Cash. No funds may be transferred from Plaid Cash to the Dining Service Meal Plans or vice versa. Plaid Cash funds may not be used to obtain cash or cash advances under any circumstances. No interest or other earnings will be paid to you or credited by the university.
- Carnegie Mellon University reserves the right to close any account that is inactive for more than twelve (12) months. Plaid Cash accounts will be closed automatically twelve (12) months after you cease to be a university student or employee. Accounts that are closed by the university will have all remaining funds forfeited to the university, unless a Plaid Cash refund request is made by the cardholder. View the Plaid Cash Refund Policy.
- Point-of-sale terminals are equipped to provide a receipt for each transaction. It is your responsibility to ensure that the receipt is correct and to secure the receipt. You may view detailed account transaction activity by visiting Student Information Online.
- You must immediately report a lost or stolen ID Card by visiting Student Information Online or by contacting The HUB. You are responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards. In order to receive a replacement ID Card, you must go to The HUB during business hours to have a new card printed. A $30 replacement fee applies for all lost ID Cards. A new photo will be required if the old photo is more than six months old. Once a new ID Card has been created, your old ID Card will be invalid, and if found cannot be reactivated.
- Merchandise may be accepted for return, in accordance with the refund policy in effect, at the place of purchase of the product(s) or service(s). Any refund(s) shall be credited to your Plaid Cash account. No cash refund(s) will be made for any purchases with the ID Card. Refunds of Plaid Cash account funds are only permitted upon: expulsion, graduation, and withdrawal. All accounts will be closed before a refund is granted. A refund request form must be completed before a refund is processed. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed for processing refunds. View the Plaid Cash Refund Policy.
- If you believe your account has been charged in error, either due to an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if you would like specific transaction information, you must contact The HUB within 30 days of the error, either in person or via email at email@example.com. The HUB will conduct an investigation of the request and provide a written response within 20 business days. If the error is validated, The HUB will make the necessary adjustments to your Plaid Cash account.
- All cardholders are prohibited from purchasing alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and adult material using Plaid Cash. Plaid Cash merchants that offer these products will not sell them to customers paying with Plaid Cash.
ID Card and Plaid Cash Terms and Conditions are subject to change.