Carnegie Mellon's policies ensure fair treatment of all individuals and encourage the free exchange of ideas and opinions.
University Policies — Rules that have been officially sanctioned by the president of Carnegie Mellon University and that generally have university-wide applicability
Staff handbooks are maintained by Human Resources and contain rules and guidelines pertinent to staff members. Some Carnegie Mellon campuses have their own Staff Handbooks or Addenda to address location-specific exceptions and regulations.
Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda Staff Handbook (coming soon)
Addenda to the Staff Handbook
Faculty Handbook — Policies of the university, as well as administrative and faculty organization policies, recorded and maintained by the Faculty Senate
Guidelines for Employees
Government employment-related posters that the university is required by law to post are listed below. In addition, these posters are displayed in physical locations throughout campus and in our other U.S. locations.
- Federal Minimum Wage [pdf]
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision [pdf]
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) [pdf]
- Equal Opportunity is the Law [pdf]
- Equal Opportunity Is the Law Poster Supplement [pdf]
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act [pdf]
- Rights Under USERRA [pdf]
- OSHA [pdf]
- Employee Rights on Government Contracts [pdf] (not required to be posted)
- Pennsylvania Required Employee Notices
- California Required Employee Notices
- Virginia Required Employee Notices