For the performance management process, the Office of Human Resources provides live training during goal setting and evaluation activities. As these opportunities become available, we will provide a detailed training schedule with links to sign up for training in FocusU. See the "Live Zoom Training Opportunities" section for more information.
Additionally, for some processes, OHR will provide on-demand training. Please see "On-Demand Training Opportunities" for more information.
Goal Setting Training
The following list represents all live zoom training opportunities for the goal setting training process. To sign up for any of the trainings on the list below, please visit the Performance Management page in FocusU. Note: All times listed are for Eastern Standard Time.
- May 5, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- May 10, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- May 12, 2022 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- May 17, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- May 19, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Disclaimer: Leadership has not made final decisions yet on merit or whether merit will be available this year. If merit is available, then we will conduct the process in Workday. While leadership has not made final decisions, we are working in a tight timeline, and therefore, we want to ensure you have all the training materials in preparation.
If you are a merit facilitator or supervisor facilitator and you are looking for training opportunities for the merit process in Workday, please visit the Compensation IQ page.
Corresponding PowerPoints for Live Zoom Trainings
- Self-evaluation and Supervisor Evaluation Training PowerPoint [pdf]
This PDF provides the PowerPoint slides that were used during the Live Zoom Self-evaluation and Supervisor Evaluation trainings in January - March 2022.
- Goal Setting Training PowerPoint [pdf]
This PDF provides the PowerPoint slides that were used during the Live Zoom Goal Setting trainings in May 2022.
- Staff Supervisory Awareness Program Session 302 - Performance Management: Managing, Addressing and Recognizing Performance: This program is available to supervisors only. It will not focus on the technical aspect of performance management; rather, it will provide supervisors with more in-depth information about understanding the role of performance management and setting expectations in the supervisory relationship. To sign up, please visit FocusU. Availability is limited.
- Self-evaluation and Supervisor Evaluation Self-Paced Tutorial:
- Recorded Live Zoom Training - 2022: This recording was from the live Zoom training session on May 5. This recording provides information regarding best practices on establishing goals as well as a step by step tutorial of how to enter and complete goals in Workday.
- Goal Setting Self-Paced Tutorial - 2021: Please note that this was recorded in 2021 and therefore, some references to schedule and other items are out of date. This recording provides information regarding best practices on establishing goals as well as a step by step tutorial of how to enter and complete goals in Workday. Once you log into FocusU, enroll to save the tutorial to your learning plan and then launch the tutorial.