August 10, 2022
Register Now for Upcoming Training Programs
The latest round of Staff Supervisory Awareness training kicked off in mid-June and will continue through December. With newly-added module on Employee Retention, the program consists of nine unique three-hour sessions designed to help supervisors:
- Infuse diversity, equity and inclusion into day-to-day activities as a supervisor at CMU
- Develop a foundation of core human resources knowledge critical to success as a supervisor
- Facilitate a work environment in which employees are treated with dignity and respect
- Understand and champion core values of empathy, compassion, inclusion, dedication, impact and collaboration
- Access fundamental tools and resources to effectively and successfully lead others
Visit the Staff Supervisory Awareness Program page for in-depth session descriptions. To register:
- Start with Session 101, Employment Laws: Unlike all of the other sessions, this training is available on-demand in FocusU. You must “enroll” in the course to access and launch the training.
- Log in to FocusU to register for all other sessions, which are live trainings held via Zoom:
- Session 201, DiSC — Wednesday, September 28 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 202, Civil Treatment — Wednesday, October 5 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 301, Recruiting and Workforce Planning — Wednesday, October 12 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 302, Performance Management: Managing, Addressing and Recognizing Performance — Wednesday, October 19 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 303, Managing an Effective and Engaged Workforce — Wednesday, October 26 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 401, Establishing Rapport and Setting Expectations — Wednesday, November 2 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Session 402, Performance Management: Addressing Challenging Employee Issues — Wednesday, November 9 from 9 a.m.–noon
- NEW! Session 403, Employee Retention — two options:
- Wednesday, September 21 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Wednesday, November 16 from 9 a.m.–noon
OHR encourages employees to participate in an upcoming Civil Treatment® for Employees training opportunity. The Civil Treatment® for Employees virtual training program simulates realistic workplace scenarios, offering insights and practical skills. By focusing on day-to-day behaviors along with the law, this program challenges and motivates employees to consider the impact of their own behavior and encourages them to speak up when issues arise.
Civil Treatment® for Employees is open to all interested employees. Please register for an upcoming Zoom session through FocusU:
- Tuesday, September 27 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Tuesday, October 18 from 9 a.m.–noon
- Thursday, November 10 from 9 a.m.–noon
Current trends in turnover and employee retention suggest that now more than ever, employers need to be proactive in their efforts to retain employees. OHR strongly encourages all supervisors to participate in an upcoming training session developed to address employee retention. This training will prepare supervisors to use tools such as stay interviews with their staff and explore additional strategies for engaging and retaining top talent. Upon completion of the training, supervisors will better understand their staff’s priorities and what actions can help influence them to stay at CMU.
- Thursday, September 14 from 1:30–3 p.m.
- Thursday, October 3 from 10–11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 27 from 10:30 a.m.–noon
Please contact the Learning and Development team with any questions about these opportunities.