January 27, 2022
Register Now for Civil Treatment Training Opportunities
Since 2020, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) has been facilitating Civil Treatment® Training for Leaders and Employees as part of the Staff Supervisory Awareness Program; interested leaders could also request sessions for their teams by contacting the Learning and Development team. In an effort to promote greater participation and ongoing learning, OHR is expanding the availability of this practical and meaningful training.
Civil Treatment® for Employees
The Civil Treatment® for Employees virtual training program simulates realistic workplace scenarios, offering insights and practical skills. By focusing on day-to-day behaviors along with the law, this program is designed to challenge and motivate employees to consider the impact of their own behavior and encourage them to speak up when issues arise.
Civil Treatment for Employees is open to all interested employees on the dates listed below. Please register through FocusU.
- Tuesday, February 15, 9 a.m.–noon
- Tuesday, March 22, 9 a.m.–noon
- Thursday, April 21, 1–4 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 19, 9 a.m.–noon
- Tuesday, August 16, 1–4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 18, 9 a.m.–noon
Civil Treatment® Huddles
Building upon the lessons learned during the Civil Treatment® training programs, OHR is offering a series of quarterly Civil Treatment® huddles. These one-hour sessions revisit the themes, tools and strategies shared during the foundational sessions, helping participants sharpen their skills and promoting ongoing development so that participants can contribute to a more civil, productive and inclusive workplace.
Civil Treatment® huddles are open to all interested employees on the dates listed below. Please follow the links below to register through FocusU.
- Civil Treatment® Workplace Huddle 1
- Tuesday, February 22, 9–10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 29, 10–11 a.m.
- Civil Treatment® Workplace Huddle 2
- Thursday, May 5, 11 a.m.–noon
- Tuesday, May 24, 1–2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 21, 9–10 a.m.
- Civil Treatment® Workplace Huddle 3
- Thursday, July 28, 9–10 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 30, 1–2 p.m.
- Civil Treatment® Workplace Huddle 4
- Tuesday, September 20, 9–10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 3, 10–11 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 15, 1–2 p.m.