July 21, 2021
Summer 2021 Training Update
We would like to take this opportunity to make campus members aware of the Office of Human Resources' (OHR’s) ongoing training efforts and upcoming training opportunities.
After making necessary adjustments due to challenges posed by COVID-19, OHR is pleased to have relaunched the CMULead program in June 2021. Participants have been meeting regularly, working on their assignments and preparing their group projects and presentations. CMULead participants are scheduled to present their capstone projects and graduate from the program in mid-September 2021.
On July 1, 2021, employees received email notification that the annual performance goal setting process was underway. OHR rolled out a series of virtual training sessions to inform employees about the overall performance management process and to demonstrate how to complete goal setting in Workday. Employees were also informed of the FY22 performance management timeline:
|July 1, 2021||Go Live — Goal Setting|
|July 1–16, 2021||Employees enter and submit SMART goals|
|July 19–30, 2021||Supervisors review and approve goals|
|March 2022||Employees complete self-evaluations; supervisors complete evaluations and ratings|
|April 2022||Supervisors conduct performance discussions|
Training sessions were well attended, with a total of 834 employees participating. Visit the Performance Management and Merit page for more information and resources.
OHR kicked off Staff Supervisory Awareness training sessions in mid-June and will be offering the series through December. The program consists of eight unique sessions designed to help supervisors:
- Incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion into day-to-day activities as a supervisor at CMU
- Develop a foundation of core human resources knowledge critical to success as a supervisor
- Provide information to help supervisors facilitate a work environment in which employees are treated with dignity and respect
- Help supervisors understand and champion core values of empathy, compassion, inclusion, dedication, impact and collaboration
- Provide fundamental tools and resources to effectively and successfully lead others
To view the session topics, visit the Staff Supervisory Awareness Program page. To register:
- Start with Session 101: Unlike the other sessions, this session is available on demand via FocusU. You must "enroll" in the course to access and launch the training.
- For all other sessions: Log in to FocusU to register. You will need to sign up for each session separately.
CMU employees have an additional resource for professional development through a new agreement with Academic Impressions, which caters to the professional development needs of higher education faculty and staff. Academic Impressions offers a wide range of live and on-demand learning opportunities. Log in to the site today to begin exploring the available training.