April 21, 2021
Reminders: Hourly Student Worker Positions
As the spring semester draws to a close, we want to remind you of the actions to be taken regarding students with hourly positions. The spring work period ends Sunday, May 9, 2021.
Please remind your students to submit all hours worked remotely prior to the bi-weekly pay period end date of May 23, 2021.
- May 9, 2021: The Federal Work Study period ends. Hourly students working beyond May 9 will be charged 100% to the department budget.
- May 18, 2021: Graduating international students may not work beyond May 18 (last day of finals).
- May 23, 2021:
- Graduating students may not work as students beyond May 23. These student positions must be ended and the students must be hired as staff members to continue to work beyond this date. To initiate this transaction, please contact the HR Service Center.
- Current students continuing to work after May 23 will need to have a new hourly student position entered. Current position should be ended effective May 9 and new position added effective May 10 (May 10–August 15) with pay rate support uploaded to Workday.
- May 24, 2021: HR will end all student hourly positions that started before May 10, 2021.
For additional information and details regarding hourly student employment, please refer to the following resources: