August 19, 2020
Anonymously Report COVID-19 Pandemic Safety Concerns
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has placed us in situations and circumstances that are continuously changing, Carnegie Mellon University is committed to taking proactive measures to keep our community safe while also maintaining our commitment to deliver on the university’s mission. We continue to monitor the developments of COVID-19 and will provide updates as we receive them, communicating openly while we manage this period of uncertainty.
As we navigate the pandemic, individuals may observe matters or suspect violations related to COVID-19 requirements and guidelines. Where possible, concerns should be reported to your supervisor, your department’s pandemic safety ambassador, your Human Resources business partner, and/or Community Health and Well-Being. However, individuals who for any reason feel uncomfortable reporting suspected violations through established channels may file an anonymous report through the university’s Ethics Reporting Hotline. Effective immediately, the Ethics Hotline will include a COVID-19 Pandemic Safety incident option.
Anonymously Report COVID-19 Pandemic Concerns
Individuals who have observed potential violations or have reason to suspect violations of the university’s COVID-19 safety requirements and guidelines and would like file an anonymous report should follow the steps below:
- Visit http://www.reportit.net/.
- Click “Report it Online” to begin the process of creating a report.
- Click “reportit now” to log in:
- user name = tartans
- password = plaid
- Answer a series of questions that will help convey the critical points of concern to CMU. When asked “Nature of Incident,” select “COVID-19 Pandemic Safety” from the drop down menu. Complete the remaining series of questions.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
The hotline is NOT an emergency service. For emergencies, call University Police at 412-268-2323.