April 23, 2019
Update your Personal Information in Workday
The Division of Operations requests your review of personal information in Workday. Help information for each item can be found below.
- Self-Identify: As a federal contractor, Carnegie Mellon University is required to obtain and report demographic data on its employees; therefore, CMU invites you to voluntarily self-identify your race, ethnicity, sex, disability and veteran status. Log in to Workday to update this information.
- Personal Contact Information in Workday: Review and update your personal contact information, legal name and/or preferred name. Log in to Workday to update this information.
- Emergency Contact and CMU-Alert: Effective July 1, the university will transition to a new provider for the emergency communications service known as CMU-Alert.
- There will be no disruption or delay of any emergency communications.
- With this new service, community members will no longer have to subscribe to receive CMU-Alert messages. Faculty and staff work email and phone, and any mobile or home phone numbers listed in Workday, will be automatically subscribed.
- Faculty and staff can unsubscribe from receiving emergency messages by following the instructions below.
For questions about self-identify or personal contact information in Workday, refer to the personal information quick guides or contact the HR CMUWorks Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-4600.
For questions about the CMU-Alert system contact email@example.com. To unsubscribe from CMU-Alert messages refer to the Unsubscribe from CMU-Alert in Workday Quick Guide [pdf].