Visiting an International Location
Preparing for a Trip to Qatar
- Qatar Travel Checklist for Visitors to CMU-Q [pdf]
- Qatar Entry Visa Application [pdf]
- Qatar Visitor Protocol [pdf]
- Qatari Codes of Conduct [pdf]
Medical Coverage for International Travelers (all locations)
Carnegie Mellon provides wrap-around international travel health insurance to full-time employees on official Carnegie Mellon business in a foreign country for less than a semester. It is provided at no charge through Aetna Global Benefits WorldTraveler, and is an add-on to the employee's current medical plan.
An individual traveling internationally on Carnegie Mellon business should complete the International Travel Registration Form to secure the Aetna coverage at least seven business days prior to leaving the United States:
- International Travel Registration Form—Qatar [docx]
- International Travel Registration Form—All Other Locations [docx]
The Aetna Global Benefits WorldTraveler plan provides a variety of services, including:
- Emergency medical, evacuation and repatriation services
- Medical information, records and physician assistance
- Travel and personal assistance
- Personal security assistance
- Online information resources
To be eligible for the Aetna coverage, you must be a full-time employee, under age 80, and travelling for less than 180 days. If you do not meet these eligibility requirements, you can take advantage of the Chubb Europ Assistance program also offered by the University at no charge. Please note, however, that Europ Assistance provides medical assistance services only and is not medical insurance.
If you have any questions about travel health insurance, contact the CMUWorks Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 268-4600.