Fitness and Nutrition
Adopting a healthier lifestyle - eating right, maintaining a healthy weight and getting regular physical activity - can help control some of the risk factors for certain disease states. Carnegie Mellon makes it easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrition and Weight Control
- Dining Services—Healthy Living
- University Health Services Nutrition Services and Education
- Carnegie Mellon Weight Watchers at Work
- Meatless Mondays
Exercise and Fitness Programs
- Faculty and staff can access any of the university's fitness/athletic facilities, participate in Group X-ercise classes or recreational activities, and consult with a personal trainer through Carnegie Mellon Athletics.
- Free fitness classes are offered at 5:15 PM Monday–Thursday in Whitfield Hall–Club Room. Learn more about the Staff Faculty Fitness program, including class schedules and descriptions. Also, subscribe to the SFF email list to be sure you get class announcements. Contact Pattye Stragar for more information.
- Human Resources also offers free Hatha Yoga classes for faculty and staff. The hour-long sessions are held at 12:00 PM every Monday and 5:15 PM every Tuesday in Whitfield Hall–Club Room. Contact Carol Rigdon for more information. Mats and blocks provided. Comfortable clothing is recommended.