In response to industry needs, ENAiBLE hosts roundtable discussions and workshops. These events provide a forum for problem-solving, networking, and gaining access to world-renowned experts in fields including:
Robotics and Automation
Responsible Artificial Intelligence
Sign Up for Upcoming Events
ENAiBLE hosts a series of focused, online events in which CMU faculty facilitate discussions about retail and service industry topics.
These conversations will shape other events, such as workshops, that we will hold on campus in the future.
Sign up to stay up to date on ENAiBLE updates and events.
Personalization in the Wild: Do More With Messy Data
With Andrew Li, Assistant Professor of Operations Research
Feb. 23, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. EST
Customer personalization should in principle be straightforward: collect data, build a predictive model, predict customer preferences, done. Unfortunately, retailers often find the reality to be messier:
- How do you stitch together multiple disparate sources of data on your customers?
- How do you do this when the data you have on an individual customer is tiny?
- How do you avoid the endless cycle of re-collecting data and re-building models?
Li will describe a new paradigm for organizing and learning from the exact kinds of data retailers collect, and discuss success cases from e-commerce and content personalization. This talk is aimed at a non-technical, non-academic audience.
- Virtual Roundtables
- Conversations addressing immediate pain points of the retail and service industries .
- Leverage expertise of CMU faculty and industry leaders .
- Industry networking .
- Deepen collaborations between industry and academia through in-person and on-campus events.
- Exposure to relevant faculty and student research through poster sessions and lab visits .
- Focused One-on-Ones
- Sponsor-led inquiries into specific challenges and potential solution
- Sponsored Research
- Develop high-impact solutions that are tied to industry challenges .
- Capstone Projects
- Provide a business problem for a team of undergraduate/graduate students to investigate .
- Deepen relationships and develop a talent pipeline to students who are passionate about solving problems.