Students who have graduated during the previous August or December and students expected to graduate in May or upcoming August (except doctorates) are eligible to participate in commencement events.
Deadlines for Graduating Students
By February 11
Apply to be the Student Speaker
- The student speaker addresses the graduating class at the main commencement ceremony.
- The application process is now closed for 2019. The student speaker is Hamza Qureshi.
March 20 & 21
Stop by Commencement Fair to purchase a cap and gown
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Rangos Ballroom, Cohon University Center
- All graduating students should plan to stop by Commencement Fair to purchase and pick up their cap and gown for commencement.
- All graduating students will also be able to verify their diploma information, ask questions about commencement weekend and prepare for life after graduation.
By March 22
Verify diploma information
(all graduating students)
- All graduating students should check that their name, degree and other diploma information is accurate.
Register for the Doctor's Hooding Ceremony
- Ph.D. students participating in the Doctor's Hooding Ceremony will need to submit their name, the name of their faculty hooder(s) and other information.
By May 15
Resolve outstanding account balance
- A student's account balance must be resolved in order for his or her diploma to be issued.
- View or pay a balance. (login required)