Initial Request for Accommodations
Students requesting accommodations or services due to a disability must contact the Office of Disability Resources. In order to request accommodations, please follow the steps below:
- Student submits the Voluntary Disclosure of Disability Form [pdf] to the Office of Disability Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Disability Resources acknowledges receipt of form and initiates an interactive dialogue with the student regarding his/her accommodation needs.
- Student submits appropriate documentation of the disability according to the Documentation Guidelines.
- Student will make an appointment with the Office of Disability Resources to discuss the student’s accommodations and review a draft Student Individual Accommodation Plan.
- The Office of Disability Resources provides student with a Summary of Accommodations Memorandum and a final Student Individual Accommodation Plan.
The information gathered in this process is used by the Office of Disability Resources to develop a Student Individual Accommodation Plan, which is an agreement between a student and the Office of Disability Resources of reasonable accommodations and services. Students may request modification of their existing Student Individual Accommodation Plan by submitting a Request for Modification to Individual Accommodation Plan [pdf] to email@example.com.
Students will also be provided a Summary of Accommodations Memorandum. If academic accommodations are granted, students are responsible for providing the Summary of Accommodations Memorandum to their instructors at the beginning of each semester. Upon request or as necessary, the Office of Disability Resources will assist students in notifying their instructors and other university personnel of the approved accommodations.
Requesting Additional Accommodations or Change to AccommodationsComplete the steps below to request modifications to existing accommodations and services:
- Complete and return a Request for Modification to Individual Accommodation Plan [pdf] to the Office of Disability Resources.
- The Office of Disability Resources will acknowledge receipt of the form and initiate an interactive dialogue within 5 business days.