Carnegie Mellon is a global research university recognized for academic excellence, groundbreaking research and interdisciplinary collaboration. Human Resources supports the university's efforts to attract, develop and retain a world-class, diverse workforce. Recognizing that each employee plays an important role in advancing Carnegie Mellon’s success, Human Resources also provides a variety of high-quality programs and services that help employees thrive. Our website provides information about these programs and services, as well as Carnegie Mellon’s benefits programs. If you have any questions, please contact us.
What's Happening in Human Resources
2014 Benefits & Fitness Fair: Wednesday, November 5
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Rangos Ballroom, Cohon University Center
Benefits and fitness vendors will be available to answer your questions. The fair also includes fitness demonstrations, free health screenings and flu shots, raffles and giveaways. Read more about the 2014 Benefits & Fitness Fair.
Reminder: Upcoming Holidays
Carnegie Mellon University is closed* and non-essential personnel are not expected to report to work on the following upcoming dates:
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 28, 2014
- Day-After-Thanksgiving: Friday, November 29, 2014
- Christmas Eve Day: Wednesday, December 24, 2014
- Christmas Day: Thursday, December 25, 2014
- New Year's Eve: Wednesday, December 31, 2014
- New Year's Day: Thursday, January 1, 2015
Read more about Holidays.
*International locations, such as Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, may observe different holidays.
New: HRIT Using ServiceNow
On September 29th, Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) launched Service Now to manage service requests and inquiries. ServiceNow is the support and management tool currently used by Computing Services and will also be the system utilized by the CMUWorks Service Center.
What does this mean for you?
- Most importantly our contact methods, service hours and commitment to providing great customer service remains unchanged!
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 412-268-3487
- Service Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
- Emails with our customers will be sent through ServiceNow and will include an Inquiry Number (INQ). This Inquiry Number is used for tracking and reference purposes.
- As always, the HRIT Help Desk asks that customers refrain from emailing us personally identifiable information, such as Social Security Number.