Tuition Adjustment Policy & Schedules
This policy applies to leaves of absences and withdrawals from the university by all students (graduate, undergraduate, non-degree) for any semester. This policy does not apply to Tepper graduate students.
Students who take a leave of absence or withdraw from the university before completing 60% of the semester will be assessed tuition based on the number of days completed within the semester. This includes calendar days, class and non-class days, from the first day of classes to the last day of final exams. Breaks that last five days or longer, including the preceding and subsequent weekends, are not counted. Thanksgiving and Spring Break are not counted. There is no tuition adjustment after 60% of the semester is completed.
Official Date of Leave of Absence/Withdrawal
For students who notify the university of their intent to take a leave of absence or withdraw, the official date is the earliest of the:
- Date the student began the withdrawal or leave of absence process;
- Date the student notified his or her home department;
- Date the student notified the associate dean of his or her college; or
- Date the student notified the dean of students.
For students who do not notify the university of their intent to take a leave of absence or withdraw, the official date is:
- The midpoint of the semester;
- The last date the student attended an academic-related activity, such as an exam, tutorial or study group, or the last day a student turned in a class assignment.