Nelnet Monthly Payment Plan
The monthly payment plan, administered through Nelnet Campus Commerce, allows students and families to pay amounts due to the university in manageable monthly installments and provides the convenience of enrolling and making payments online. Check, Automated Clearing House (ACH), and phone payments with a credit card are also accepted. Credit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.5% convenience fee.
Available Nelnet Payment Plans
Semester-Based Payment Plan
Semester-based payment plans are available to undergraduate and graduate students with an enrollment fee of $40. Fall plans do not roll over to spring. Enroll each semester during Nelnet’s enrollment period.
Health Insurance Only Payment Plan
Health Insurance only payment plans are available to departmentally supported PhD candidates, with an enrollment fee of $20. These are annual plans and should be opened only if you plan to attend CMU in both the fall and spring semesters. Those not meeting these requirements should choose the semester-based plan.
2020-2021 Payment Plan Enrollment Period
Semester-Based Plan (Fall 2020)
Opens: June 6, 2020 at 12:01 am EST
Closes: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST
Semester-Based Plan (Spring 2021)
Opens: Nov. 20, 2020 at 12:01 am EST
Closes: Jan. 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST
Health Insurance Plan Open Enrollment
Open to Departmentally-Sponsored PhD Students
Opens: June 1, 2020 at 12:01 am EST
Closes: Sep 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST
Important Things to Note:
- Any credit balance on your student account will not be refunded until your Nelnet payment plan is paid in full. The Student Accounts Office recommends that students in this situation contact Nelnet Campus Commerce for a budget adjustment.
- Departmentally supported graduate students: If your financial support (payroll deduction, financial aid, departmental grant money, etc.) exceeds what you owe the university, you should not open a Nelnet payment plan.
- An Andrew User ID is required when logging into the Nelnet Campus Commerce website. Your Andrew User ID is the prefix of your Carnegie Mellon email address. For example, andrewc2 is the Andrew User ID for firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nelnet Campus Commerce representatives do not have access to specific CMU student account information due to FERPA regulations.
- The university only provides Nelnet Campus Commerce with cost of attendance information.
- CMU receives Nelnet Campus Commerce adjustment files every day; changes made to a payment plan will appear on the student's account within two business days.