Monthly Payment Plan
The monthly payment plan allows students and families to pay amounts due to the university in manageable monthly installments and provides the convenience of enrolling and making payments online through Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Check, Automated Clearing House (ACH) and phone payments with a credit card are accepted. Credit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.99% convenience fee.
- Families have the flexibility of reducing or increasing their semester budgets accordingly if a balance is due to the university or if there is a credit balance on the CMU student account
- CMU will communicate to students/payers via email each semester if their payment plan requires adjustment
- Undergraduate/graduate plans are available in the fall/spring only with an enrollment fee of $40
- Health Insurance plans are available annually with an enrollment fee of $20
- An Andrew User ID is required when logging into the TMS website. Your Andrew User ID is the prefix of your Carnegie Mellon email address. For example, andrewc2 is the Andrew User ID for firstname.lastname@example.org
- TMS representatives do not have access to specific CMU student account information due to FERPA regulations
- The university only provides TMS with cost of attendance information
- CMU receives TMS adjustment files every day; changes made to a payment plan will appear on the student's account within two business days
- Students with a Monthly Payment Plan administered by TMS and a resulting student account credit balance will not receive a refund from the university until their TMS contract is paid in full. The Student Accounts Office recommends that students in this situation contact TMS for a budget adjustment.