I have questions about the MSCB program, who should I talk to?
- If it's an administrative question, please check with the Biological Sciences Director of Graduate Operations or the Computational Biology Department Academic Programs Coordinator
- If it's a question about courses, graduation, student life issues, ask Assistant Director DJ Brasier, Ph.D.
- If it's about career planning or internship and job placements, contact Assistant Director DJ Brasier, Ph.D.
- If you're not sure which category it's in, contact Assistant Director DJ Brasier, Ph.D.
- The program administrators contact page is a good guide which will direct students to the appropriate person.
- The handbook (.pdf) is a great resource for a lot of questions that students have during the program.
I'm interested in academic research, how do I find a project to work on or a group to join?
Read through the list of faculty research (Computational Biology Department Faculty & Biological Sciences Department Faculty) and decide whose research you are interested in. Then, talk with Assistant Director DJ Brasier, Ph.D. about mechanisms for credit or pay with research. Next, contact faculty you are interested in working with and describe the skills you can bring to the lab, what aspect of their research you are interested in, and why you are interested in working with them. You will need to get approval before registering for research for credit (.pdf) or as an internship (.pdf), so be sure to plan in advance.
How do I get an internship?
See the Careers page for general advice, and talk with Assistant Director DJ Brasier, Ph.D. for detailed advice.