If you suspect your computer has already been compromised:
- If your computer crashes
- If your Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or web browser crashes when opening a PDF file
- If your computer is experiencing unexplainable disk activity
- If your computer is experiencing unexpected and unexplainable performance degradation
STOP! Immediately take the following steps:
- Disconnect from the network - turn off wireless or unplug the wired network cable.
- Discontinue use of the machine but DO NOT power off.
- Contact the Information Security Office at (412) 268-2044 or firstname.lastname@example.org or your departmental computing administrator/DSP consultant for further instructions.
Need to report a concern?