Foster a community between IS students and staff.
Provide resources to aid students on their academic journeys.
Facilitate networking activities.
Represent the IS student body and department.
The IS Ambassadors Program aims to create a sense of community among students in the IS Program through events that enrich their academic and social experiences. By facilitating connections between IS students and staff, the program provides a platform for networking opportunities that contribute to personal, academic, and professional development within the IS community.
Goal of the Program
The IS Ambassadors Program aims to foster a sense of community within the IS program and provide IS students with essential professional, academic, and social guidance. Through various initiatives, the program creates a supportive environment where students can connect with each other, while also offering mentorship and resources to help them navigate their educational and professional journeys successfully.
- Host events to foster connections and create a sense of community between IS students and staff
- Represent the IS student body and department
- Provide resources such as resume workshops and graduate guest speakers to aid students on their academic journeys and help make informed decisions about their educational paths
- Facilitate networking activities such as coffee chats with professors and meeting the IS advisors at events
Expectations for Ambassadors
- Sign up to represent the IS department at least once a semester (at info sessions, panel discussions, outreach events)
- Attend at least one IS Ambassador event per semester
- Attend at least one monthly GBM each semester
- Try to be active on email and Slack, especially when questions regarding preferences for events are asked!