Carnegie Mellon University


Division of Enrollment Services


Personal Information

The University Registrar's Office creates and maintains forms related to name changes, directory information and more. We also encourage students to keep their contact information and emergency contact information accurate and up to date on Student Information Online.

Name Changes

Current students needing to change their names should complete a complete a Name Change (pdf) form and submit it to The HUB. Legal documentation is also required. 

Student ID Requests

For these types of requests, students may complete the Student ID Number Request (pdf) form and submit it to The HUB.

Directory Information

Carnegie Mellon University publishes a student directory, which includes certain information about a student. Students wishing to restrict their directory information should complete and submit to The HUB the Directory Information Restriction (pdf) form. 

Preferred Name

Carnegie Mellon recognizes that students may wish to use a name other than their given names as recorded on official university documents. Students can designate a preferred first/given name in all university documents except where use of the student's official name is required by university business or legal need. Learn more.