Managing the Safety and Security of Minors Online
- Online Teaching Toolkit — Identify your teaching format and select tools from an educational technology toolkit to support you and your students in teaching and learning online
- Secure Your Online Meeting or Class — Instructions on how to restrict access to Zoom meetings and take control of a Zoom meeting
- Best Practices for Securing your Online Classroom — Tips via Zoom Blog
- Changes to Zoom Setting Effective 5/30/2020 — To provide additional security and privacy for meetings and webinars, Zoom will require passwords for meetings and webinars, including previously scheduled events
- Information Security Office News & Events — Articles providing information about data security, remote work best practices and potential issues
Tips for Managing a Meeting in Canvas
- For each Canvas course, you are encouraged to turn off all left navigation menu items except the areas/pages students need to access.
- This will help simplify the navigation for the students, and turning off the "People" menu will block students and parents from seeing the names and email addresses associated with other students.
Child Protection Resources
- Boundaries When Working With Minors [pdf] — Guidelines for setting and maintaining boundaries when working with K–12 youth
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse booklet [pdf] — Information on how and when to file a report