CMU Training Resources
- Development Program Guide — The Development Program Guide is a curated collection of learning modules, organized by role/topic area. Virtual courses, learning programs and videos are drawn from the university’s relationships with FocusU and LinkedIn Learning, as well as other partners including Vibrant Pittsburgh.
- Staff Supervisory Awareness Program — This program, developed by the Office of Human Resources (OHR), was designed to address the outcomes of the Task Force on Campus Climate and to provide all supervisors at CMU with a solid foundation of core human resources knowledge critical to their success.
- University Advancement Curated Resources [pdf] — University Advancement has curated a listing of internal and external training opportunities
- LinkedIn Learning — LinkedIn Learning is a continually growing and evolving library of training videos and tutorials covering a wide range of software, technologies and business topics. Carnegie Mellon students, faculty and staff members can take advantage of free 24/7 access to the entire library of training. View a listing of suggested courses [pdf].
- FocusU Learning Management System — OHR leverages FocusU to provide on demand training and as a convenient tool to register for and track participation in instructor-led training sessions. FocusU provides access 24/7 access to video clips, online training, books and job aids.
Highlighted FocusU On Demand Training
To assist the campus community, OHR has curated a listing of online courses focusing on a diverse set of skills and abilities.
Managing Virtual Teams
General Team Management
Other Suggested Topics
External Reading Materials and Podcasts
Websites and Articles
- City of Pittsburgh's Gender Equity Commission: Pittsburgh Inequality Across Gender and Race [pdf]
- Deloitte: The Bias Barrier: Allyships, Inclusion, and Everyday Behaviors [pdf]
- Deloitte: The Six Signature Traits of Inclusive Leadership [pdf]
- CMU's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website
- Harvard Business Review: How to Speak Up If You See Bias at Work
- Teaching Tolerance: Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Reducing Stigma
- SHRM: Coronavirus and Racism: Take Precautions to Fight Discrimination
- The Forum Podcast
For over 31 years, The Forum on Workplace Inclusion® has served as a convening hub for those seeking to grow professional leadership and effectiveness skills in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion by engaging people, advancing ideas and igniting change. The Forum's podcasts are a great way to stay current with a variety of D&I topics.
- Inclusion Works Podcast
The Inclusion Works podcast explores the secrets of building inclusive culture at work and in the community. We will be joined by leaders, experts and activists all working to bring fresh thinking to the inclusion debate. We will be asking those all-important questions to find out more about them, their work and how they make inclusion work. If you are interested in driving change, accelerating diversity or simply finding ways to be more inclusive every day, then join us for Inclusion Works. Because diversity is just half of the battle.
- The Inclusion Solution Podcast
The Inclusion Solution Live is The Winters Group’s Official Podcast for all things Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. It is an expansion on the Inclusion Solution blog, which means you now have the option to read and/or listen to proposed solutions for a more inclusive world.