Financial Benefits and Discounts
- Banking Services
- Wireless Telephone Service Discounts
- Real Estate/Relocation Services
- Deals and Discounts for Carnegie Mellon Faculty and Staff
- Carnegie Mellon University Federal Credit Union
Serving Carnegie Mellon for over 60 years, the CMUFCU is non-profit and member-owned, offering members competitive loan rates and savings dividends.
- Enhanced Banking: PNC Workplace Banking and Citizens Bank at Work
Get enhanced banking services at no cost. Simply sign up for a checking account with direct deposit with one of these banks and ask to be enrolled in the program. These programs have many benefits that can save you money and make your financial management easier. Contact each institution to find out about their programs:
Carnegie Mellon University does not maintain an exclusive banking relationship with any banking or financial institution. Carnegie Mellon does not endorse any institutions' accounts or services, and employees are not required or expected to switch to/obtain a checking account with any affiliated institution.
Procurement Services has negotiated discounts of 10-18% for Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff from several wireless carriers:
The Hanna Gold Advantage Program [pdf] offers a range of real estate services provided through Howard Hanna's Relocation & Business Development Department. Benefits available to Carnegie Mellon employees include the following:
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when purchasing a home.
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when selling a home.
- Free consultation with a Howard Hanna Mortgage Professional and a $400 credit towards closing costs on a first mortgage or refinancing when the transaction is handled by Howard Hanna Mortgage Services and Barrister’s Land Abstract Company or Barristers of Ohio.
- Competitive rates on a full line of insurance services through Howard Hanna Insurance Services (mortgage, auto, home, health, etc.).
- Retail Alliance Service Partner discounts and corporate priority services on various services (ie, moving services, carpeting, home improvements, security systems, etc.)
Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department offers a full range of various relocation related services to Carnegie Mellon employees, including:
- Counseling employees moving into the area;
- Providing information when moving nationwide;
- Providing information for employees purchasing a second home nationwide;
- Area information packages—Neighborhood tours;
- School reports and cost of living information nationwide.
To take advantage of the Hanna Gold Advantage Program, Carnegie Mellon employees or family members must register in advance with Howard Hanna Relocation & Business Development. If you are currently working with a realtor, or if you contact a realtor prior to registration, these benefits do not apply. When you register, you will be assigned a sales associate. Registration is free and easy:
- See http://www.hannagoldadvantage.com
- Contact Judy Powers at 412-967-9000, X307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department at 119 Gamma Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Procurement Services has negotiated "Hot Deals" with many of our suppliers. These deals/discounts are available to faculty and staff for personal purchases. Special programs exist with such suppliers as Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa, Office Depot and Dell.