Financial Benefits and Discounts
- Banking Services
- Wireless Telephone Service Discounts
- Real Estate/Relocation Services
- Deals and Discounts for Carnegie Mellon Faculty and Staff
- Carnegie Mellon University Federal Credit Union
Serving Carnegie Mellon for over 60 years, the CMUFCU is non-profit and member-owned, offering members competitive loan rates and savings dividends.
- Enhanced Banking: PNC Workplace Banking and Citizens Bank at Work
Get enhanced banking services at no cost. Simply sign up for a checking account with direct deposit with one of these banks and ask to be enrolled in the program. These programs have many benefits that can save you money and make your financial management easier. Contact each institution to find out about their programs:
Carnegie Mellon University does not maintain an exclusive banking relationship with any banking or financial institution. Carnegie Mellon does not endorse any institutions' accounts or services, and employees are not required or expected to switch to/obtain a checking account with any affiliated institution.
Procurement Services has negotiated discounts of 10-18% for Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff from several wireless carriers:
Howard Hanna's Hanna Gold Advantage Employee Cash Rewards Program
The Hanna Gold Advantage Program [pdf] offers a range of real estate services provided through Howard Hanna's Relocation & Business Development Department. Benefits available to Carnegie Mellon employees include the following:
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when purchasing a home.
- Cash reward equal to 10% of the Gross Commission when selling a home.
- Free consultation with a Howard Hanna Mortgage Professional and a $400 credit towards closing costs on a first mortgage or refinancing when the transaction is handled by Howard Hanna Mortgage Services and Barrister’s Land Abstract Company or Barristers of Ohio.
- Competitive rates on a full line of insurance services through Howard Hanna Insurance Services (mortgage, auto, home, health, etc.).
- Retail Alliance Service Partner discounts and corporate priority services on various services (ie, moving services, carpeting, home improvements, security systems, etc.)
Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department offers a full range of various relocation related services to Carnegie Mellon employees, including:
- Counseling employees moving into the area;
- Providing information when moving nationwide;
- Providing information for employees purchasing a second home nationwide;
- Area information packages—Neighborhood tours;
- School reports and cost of living information nationwide.
To take advantage of the Hanna Gold Advantage Program, Carnegie Mellon employees or family members must register in advance with Howard Hanna Relocation & Business Development. If you are currently working with a realtor, or if you contact a realtor prior to registration, these benefits do not apply. When you register, you will be assigned a sales associate. Registration is free and easy:
- See http://www.hannagoldadvantage.com
- Contact Judy Powers at 1-800-656-7356, X1307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Howard Hanna’s Relocation & Business Development Department at 119 Gamma Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Assistance Program
Coldwell Banker Real Estate Services is pleased to offer you a Real Estate Assistance Program that could reward you with hundreds – possibly thousands – of dollars when you buy or sell a home. All employees of Carnegie Mellon University are eligible to receive this benefit.
The savings come from a credit or cash back equal to 20% of the commission earned on the listing or buying side of the transaction (whichever side of the transaction you are on).
To receive your cash reward, you must follow these guidelines:
- Register for the Real Estate Assistance Program by calling 877-304-2862 (toll-free) or online at www.realestateassistanceprogram.com.
- Either sell or purchase a home with the REALTOR® / Broker that is assigned to you.
- Assistance Program cannot be combined with any other program, i.e., relocation benefits, or other Affinity or Assistance Programs, etc.
For information about how the program works, view the Real Estate Assistance Program Flyer [pdf].
Procurement Services is committed to providing our buying community with the information, processes and tools to make effective buying decisions while meeting its compliance obligations. Some suppliers extend their discounts to CMU faculty/staff for their personal use. View the Procurement Services Provider Directory for details about these special deals.
Several discounts are available to CMU staff for various events, memberships and other discounts. Many of these are valid throughout the year and some are seasonal. The list of discounts is regularly updated. View the list of Staff Council Discounts.