Emergency Preparedness and Response
The purpose of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan is to provide governance, guidelines, and structure for the management of actions and operations needed to address immediate requirements for an emergency incident or planned event.
The goals of the plan are:
- Preserve life and safety of students, faculty and staff;
- Provide concept of operations and direction, control, and coordination of resources needed for incident or event stabilization;
- Protect University property, the community, and the environment;
- Manage communications and information regarding incident and event response operations and safety; and
- Provide and analyze information to support decision-making and action plans.
Our Emergency Management approach covers the following steps:
We identify risks and mitigation actions and strategies to prevent an emergency or reduce its effects.
We develop plans to respond and recover to protect life and health as well as to maintain critical operations.
If an emergency occurs, we execute plans and actions necessary to protect lives, prevent further property damage and maintain critical operations.
In this step, we take the actions to return to a normal state.