This page provides an overview of ActiveSync and links to steps to configure it on your mobile device.
What is ActiveSync?
ActiveSync allows you to synchronize email, calendar, tasks and contacts between your mobile device and your desktop/laptop computer. It is the preferred synchronization method for Exchange.
- Locate your email or ActiveSync settings.
- Enter the configuration settings below (terminology may vary).
- Description: CMU Exchange Mail
- Email: your Carnegie Mellon email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Domain: andrew.ad.cmu.edu
- Server: exchange.andrew.cmu.edu
- Username: Andrew userID
- Password: Andrew password
- Set a passcode, if prompted. A policy on the Exchange server may requiree you to create a passcode.
Last Updated: 10/18/13