Find articles about everything related to entrepreneurship.
Startup & Co-working Space
Listing of space that is ‘friendly’ to startups and small enterprises (low rent and month-to-month leases) that is close to the ‘university corridor’ (Fifth and Forbes Avenues) and accessible by public transportation.
NEW! Second stage space listings under a new tab. These spaces are still startup friendly but they are geared for teams that have outgrown the startup and co-working space (generally when the team reaches 10 or more people).
Please send any additions to the listings to email@example.com.
Carnegie Mellon Entrepreneurship Research Guide
Articles about issues facing startups that start within universities
Articles and information regarding intellectual property and its importance
- Rich vs King: the entrepreneur's dilemma [.pdf]
- Founder's pie calculator [.pdf]
- Equity in starts ups: a case study and some data [.pdf]
- Considerations for Founders: Issues in Structuring Relationships Among Members of the Founder Team [.pdf]
- Founders and entrepreneurs can learn how to track/understand valuations and dilution
Articles about typical compensation for startups and early stage technology companies
Articles about legal structures of businesses
START SMART Seminars and Workshops
- Employment/Employee Equity Matters [.pdf]
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property [.pptx]
- Startup Funding Identifying and Avoiding the Pitfalls [.ppt]
- Structuring and Leveraging “Partnering” Arrangements
- Doing Business in China [.pptx]
- Startup Funding: Avoiding the Pitfalls [.pptx]
- Structuring Startups [.pptx]
- Understanding Investment Securities [.pptx]
- Taking Money from Friends, Family, and Angels [.pptx]
- How to Shop for a Lawyer [pdf]
- Raising Capital [pdf]
- Raising Capital Part 1 [pdf]
- How to Conduct Patent Research [pdf]
- Business Formation [pdf]