Carnegie Mellon Human Resources has negotiated special discounted advertising rates with a number of recruiting sources to enhance the size, quality, and diversity of your applicant pool. Contact your HR Manager or the Staffing Services group for additional information.
Internet Recruiting Sites:
To complement the HR website, additional Internet sites are available to promote your open positions:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education—Academia's #1 resource for jobs
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education—Excellent source of African American candidates for administrative, faculty and professional positions
- Craigslist—Popular site for general posting
- Dice—Top technical niche site
- HBCU Connect—Recruiting site geared toward Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Higher Education Jobs—Site for academic and administrative positions
- Inside Higher Education—Site for academic and administrative positions
- Monster—The most visited site for any profession
- CareerBuilder—The largest online job site in the U.S.
- Pennsylvania CareerLink—State site for workforce development services
- Pittsburgh Technology Council—Local site popular with tech applicants
Print Advertising Resources:
We maintain strong working relationships and contract discounts with vendors to assist with placing print recruitment ads:
- Graystone Group Advertising—Assists in placing print ads at no cost
- NAS Recruitment Communications—Assists in placing print ads for a service fee
- The Chronicle of Higher Education—Display ads in the publication at a 10% discount
- Sell Carnegie Mellon and your department. Think like a job seeker when writing your ad.
- Use a descriptive position title. The title is the first thing a job seeker sees about your job.
- Include an accurate and complete position summary. Be clear and honest about the job responsibilities.
- Include the required experience and skills. See the position description for consistency.
- Always include the following application instructions as the last item in the ad:
Candidates interested in joining the Carnegie Mellon team should go to http://www.cmu.edu/jobs to create an applicant profile and apply online. Hard copy/emailed resumes cannot be accepted. Individuals without access to an Internet-capable computer can use computers at libraries, Internet cafes, local or state employment offices, or the Carnegie Mellon Human Resources office at 143 North Craig Street, Pittsburgh. Carnegie Mellon University is an EEO/AA employer.