Diabetes Management Program
Carnegie Mellon offers the LivingMyLife® Program at no cost as part of the prescription drug program.
Diabetes in the United States is associated with an increased risk for a number of serious, sometimes life-threatening complications such as heart disease, blindness, kidney damage, and lower-limb amputations. Good diabetes management through the LivingMyLife® program can help reduce these risks. When you participate in this program, you are eligible for FREE diabetes medications and testing supplies (no copays or coinsurance).
How the Program Works
- Speak with specially trained CVS/Caremark pharmacists on the phone, who will answer questions about how to best manage your diabetes, provide lifestyle suggestions, and review your medication plan.
- After each phone session, the pharmacist will mail you a written summary of the care plan.
- Participate in additional phone sessions throughout the year to make sure the care plan is working for you.
Benefits of Participating
- Receive a complete list of your prescriptions to keep on hand.
- Get a diabetes action plan to share with your doctors.
- Learn how to help avoid complications or side effects from your medications.
- Copays and coinsurance on diabetes medications and testing supplies will be waived as long as you continue to participate in the sessions.
Enrollment is Voluntary and Completely Confidential
To enroll or learn more about the LivingMyLife® program, call 1-800-293-7102 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET) or send an email with your name, phone number, and best time to contact you to email@example.com.
No personal information about you or your prescriptions is provided to Carnegie Mellon at any time.