Applications for Fall 2017 enrollment (including letters of recommendation) are due on Monday, January 2, 2017.Applications for Ph.D. (Logic, Computation, & Methodology; Pure & Applied Logic; or Philosophy), M.S., and M.A. degrees must include:
- Graduate application
- Sample of original written work
- Personal research statement
- Three (or more) letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- GRE scores (Institution code: 2074; Department code: 2801)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speaking applicants
- $50 application fee
The application deadline for Fall 2017 enrollment is Monday, January 2, 2017.
Whenever possible, materials should be submitted electronically. For any material that cannot be submitted online (e.g., official transcripts), please send it to:
Department of Philosophy
135 Baker Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
List of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For specific admissions-related questions not answered in the FAQ, please contact Kevin Zollman, Director of Graduate Studies (kzollman[at]andrew.cmu.edu).
Student consumer information is available here.