What is RoboTutor?
RoboTutor is a scalable open-source tablet app that teaches basic literacy and numeracy.
Each RoboTutor session consists of a series of activities selected by the child from a few reading, comprehension, or numeracy activities at his or her current level, with a sequence of items for the child to perform. RoboTutor adapts to each child by assessing performance automatically, providing individualized help and feedback, adjusting its estimate of his or her level, and proceeding accordingly.
leverages decades of research in Learning Science
- Practice with scaffolding and feedback
- Elicits active processing
- Adapts to individual student
uses advanced AI technologies
- Speech and writing recognition
- Automated question generation
- Educational data mining
has a data-driven design
- On-site study of cultural context
- Remote automatic logging
- Embedded experiments