Owen Cantor Leads ChamberFest TripOwen Cantor is Volunteer of the Month for May. Owen is uniquely qualified to lead the trip to ChamberFest Cleveland 2019!
ChamberFest Cleveland 2019Travel with Owen Cantor to Cleveland for the ChamberFest.
Meeting of the Minds: Wrapup & ReportOsher awarded participants at Meeting of the Minds 2019
Lecture CanceledCANCELED - Lecture: Transgender Rights. Members may register for Course ID: 2995. Guests are welcome. Call the office to register. Thursday, May 23, 7pm, CUC McConomy Aud.
LATTICE StudyRECUITING PARTICIPANTS: Lithium As a Treatment To prevent Impairment of Cognition in Elders (or LATTICE for short) is a newly funded study in which Dr. Ariel Gildengers and colleagues are trying to learn if lithium can slow down memory loss or help prevent Alzheimer’s disease in people with mild memory problems.
Classroom RelocationsWARNING: All Hunt Library Osher conference room classes are moved to Wean Hall! - Starting Monday, May 6th, we will no longer be using the Hunt Library for classes.
Executive Committee 2019-2020The Executive Committee for 2019-2020: Jim Reitz, President; Allan Hribar, Vice-President; Jan Hawkins, Secretary; Marcia Taylor, Treasurer.
Healthcare Crisis and Physician BurnoutThe Healthcare Crisis and Physician Burnout presented by Dr. Bhupendra O. Khatri. Wednesday, June 26th 7:00 - 9:00 pm McConomy Auditorium, CUC
Osher Welcomes 2019-2022 New Board DirectorsJoin Osher President Jim Reitz in welcoming 3 new Board members: Ann Isaac, Randy Weinberg and Mark Winer.
Summer 2019 Registration is OpenSummer registration is NOW open. If you do not know your username, request it by email.
- May 6 - Aug 23 Summer 2019 Term - Session 1: May 6 to June 28, Session 2: July 1 to August 23
- May 23 CANCELED - Lecture: From Bathroom Bills to Military Bans, Transgender Rights in the Age of Trump presented by Maria Montano, 7:00-9:00pm, McConomy Aud, CUC.
- Jun 26 Lecture: The Healthcare Crisis and Physician Burnout presented by Dr. Bhupendra O. Khatri. 7:00-9:00pm, McConomy Aud, CUC.
CMU Highlighted Events
- May 18 - May 19 CMU Commencement Weekend. Parking restrictions on Margaret Morrison Street May 8-24
- Jun 1 CMU Dark Skies Conference. Learn about the consequences of indiscriminate, obtrusive, unwanted, artificial light at night. Sponsored by CMU's School of Architecture, the Physics Department, and the CMU Astronomy Club, and paid for by a CMU Metro21 grant. 10:00am-4:00pm, Simmons Auditorium in the Tepper Quad. Free parking at East Campus Garage. Registration Recommended.