Please Join Us! Call to register.
Thurs, Sept 26 - Members Only, 5:30pm-7:00pm reception & meeting. Members & Guests: 7:00-8:00pm, "150 Years of Beethoven" with Monique Mead.
27th Annual MeetingPlease join us for the 27th Annual Meeting on Thurs., Sept. 27, CFA Kresge Auditorium at 5:30pm. View the Bylaw changes to be voted on at the meeting, Reception & Meeting Course ID: 3104. Concert Course ID: 3177.
Values and ExpectationsIntroducing New Values and Expectations for Osher at CMU
Security Procedures at MIMellon Institute has initiated new security procedures. Osher members must show their 2019 membership card to attend courses in the auditorium at Mellon Institute. Please read about how this affects you.
Amish CountryExplore the Simple Life: Amish Country in New Wilmington, Pa. Tour date is Friday, November 1, 2019. Reservations due by Friday, September 27.
Lecture: The Good NeighborMaxwell King will be speaking about his book, "The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers" on Tuesday, September 17 at 7:00pm. Members may register online using course ID: 3110.
George Savarese Lecture"The Decline of US Global Power and the Rise of China" presented by George Savarese on Thursday, Oct 17 at 7pm in McConomy Auditorium. CourseID:3225. All are welcome-reservations requested.
Consider Another Course?Have room in your schedule for another course? Check out these notable Fall 2019 courses, plus the Open Course List.
- Sep 3 - Dec 20 Fall 2019 Term - Session 1: Sept 3 to Oct 25, Session 2: Oct 28 to Dec 20
- Sep 17 Day Trip to historic Brownsville
- Sep 17 Lecture: The Good Neighbor presented by Maxwell King. CUC McConomy Aud 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Sep 26 27th Annual Meeting (members only) plus "150 Years of Beethoven" with Monique Mead (members & guests)
- Oct 17 Lecture: “The Decline of US Global Power and the Rise of China" presented by George Savarese, CUC McConomy Aud 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Nov 1 Day Trip to Amish Country
CMU Highlighted Events
- Sep 26 University Lecture Series - Michelle Alexander: Legal Scholar, Social Justice Advocate, and author of "The New Jim Crow". CUC-McConomy Aud, 4:30pm
- Oct 10 University Lecture Series - Emery N. Brown, Dickson Prize Lecture, CUC-Rangos Ballroom, 4:30pm
- Nov 12 University Lecture Series - Michelene (Micki) T.H. Chi, Cognitive and Educational Learning Specialist, Simmons Auditorium A, Tepper Building, 4:30pm