Carnegie Mellon University


I'd like to print the official Carnegie Mellon logo on a mug, shirt, or other promotional product.

For merchandising questions, contact Sue Layton, Brand Manager.

I would like the university to advertise in my publication or media outlet.

Advertising inquiries may be sent via email. For program or college-specific advertising inquiries, contact the program or college offices.

I would like to advertise in university publications.

The Tartan student newspaper accepts outside advertisers.


Where can I download the university's official wordmark (logo)?

Visit the Downloads page of the CMU Brand website for downloadable versions of the university wordmark. Any entity outside of the university must contact Sue Layton, Brand Manager, prior to using the university's wordmark.

I'd like to order official letterhead, business cards or envelopes.

To order the university's official letterhead, envelopes and business cards, contact Printing & Mailing Services.

Executive Communications

I’d like to request presidential/executive engagement at my event.

For all requests pertaining to the engagement of the president or members of the executive team, please fill out the engagement request form.

I’d like to request the presidential/executive team write a letter or other form of correspondence.

For all requests regarding presidential/executive correspondence, please fill out the correspondence request form.


I'd like to talk to someone about media assistance to tell my story or promote my event.

Contact Media Relations for assistance with media outreach, press releases, coordinating and prepping for interviews, engaging with reporters, correspondents and anchors.

Photo & Video

I'd like to schedule photography or videography.

To schedule photography or videography for an event, on-site photo shoot or studio session, contact Carrie Chisholm.

I'd like to use CMU stock photos or videos for internal or external use.

To view our visual galleries and playlists, contact Carrie Chisholm.

Can commercial filming or photography take place on campus?

As an educational institution, Carnegie Mellon University’s primary responsibility is providing a learning environment for our students. A signed location agreement is required to commercially film or photograph on campus. Individuals or production companies seeking approval to film or photograph should contact Carrie Chisholm at least two weeks in advance of their requested visit.

Members of the news media should contact Media Relations at 412-268-2900.


I'd like to create an official Carnegie Mellon website.

The university offers a Content Management System (CMS) for creating university-affiliated websites. University Communications & Marketing (UCM) partners with Computing Services to offer CMU-branded web templates used in conjunction with the CMS.

How do I use the "new" web design of homepage and top-level pages?

In 2017, UCM and Computing Services launched a new web resource site, that offers everything from "how to get started," to content best practices to eLearning videos. On the site, you'll also find the dates and registration information for upcoming workshops and open office hours