Carnegie Mellon strives to be a welcoming and affirming place for all members of the campus community, including those along the sexuality and gender spectrums. The university provides a growing number of resources to support LGBTQ+ staff and faculty members and their allies.
These resources are for LGBTQ+ staff and faculty, as well as those who want to provide a safe and supportive environment for LGBTQ+ staff, faculty and students:
- Read the Statement of Assurance for the university's official policy statement
- Learn about Domestic Partner Benefits for same- and opposite-sex partners of employees who meet certain eligibility criteria
- Visit the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion to learn about the SafeZone network of allies and how to become a member.
- See Diversity and Inclusion Campus Activity for upcoming activities and annual traditions
- Visit the Vice Provost for Faculty's Diversity and Inclusion page for opportunities and resources specific to faculty members